Wed, Oct 17|
FATE Brewing Company
Retirement: Getting there and enjoying being there.
Ever wonder what you should expect in retirement? Want to know what successful retirees actually do? Join us for a one-of-a-kind experience hosted by Barry LaValley.
Time & Location
Oct 17, 2018, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
FATE Brewing Company, 1600 38th St, Boulder, CO 80301, USA
About The Event
Based on material from his latest book, “So You Think You Are Ready To Retire?”, Barry’s presentation will guide us on topics such as:
• The myths and misconceptions surrounding retirement and aging
• How to prepare yourself mentally for retirement and beyond
• Planning for the last third of your life
• Aging and relationships
• How leisure changes as you get older
• Planning for the expected and unexpected
• The role that your advisor plays in helping you build your plan
This information is mostly geared toward current retirees and pre-retirees (those between the ages of 40-65), however it may also be helpful for children of retirees to understand some of the things that their parents might be going through.
You will learn some things that you may not have known about retirement such as:
- Five things that may surprise and shock you about retirement
- The formula for retirement happiness based on solid research
- The 'ideal' retirement personality to get the most out of this next phase
- Why money is not the key to a successful retirement
- How you can retire on considerably less than you think
- The keys to making a successful transition
- The role that money plays as you get older
Barry LaValley is the Founder of The Retirement Lifestyle Center, and a leading educator and authority on the lifestyle transition to retirement for aging Boomers. The Toronto Sun called Barry “Canada’s self-help retirement Guru” (April 18, 2007) and he has been widely quoted in the media on retirement transition issues. His work in this area has taken him around the world to study retirement trends and to work with Retirement Advisors and their firms as an educator and coach.
Barry’s retirement workshops are in use through Financial Advice firms, banks, insurance companies and corporations around the world. His formal education is in Psychology and he has used that evidence-based approach to develop a retirement transition model to help seminar attendees through the non-financial aspects of retirement.
Barry has close to four decades of experience in the field, and twenty years focusing on client and advisor education. He has written extensively on retirement transition issues and is often quoted in print media. Barry is co-author of the book “So You Think You Are Ready to Retire” along with Mark Finke and is often quoted in the media on retirement issues. He and his wife Melissa live in Nanaimo Canada.